- Open System in Control Panel.
- Click the Remote tab.
- In the Remote Desktop area, click Select Remote Users....
- On the Remote Desktop Users dialog box, click Add....
- On the Select Users dialog box, click Locations... to specify the search location.
- Click Object Types... to specify the types of objects you want to search for.
- In the Enter the object names to select (examples): box, type the names of the objects you want to search for.
- Click Check Names.
- When the name is located, click OK. The name now appears in the list of users on the Remote Desktop Users dialog box.
To open a Control Panel item, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click the appropriate icon.
- You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to add a user to the Remote Users Group.