To disable security logging options
- Open Network Connections
- Click the connection on which Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) is enabled, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
- On the Advanced tab, click Settings.
- On the Security Logging tab, under Logging Options, disable one or both of the following options:
- To disable logging unsuccessful inbound connection attempts, clear the Log dropped packets check box.
- To disable logging successful outbound connections, clear the Log successful connections check box.
To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections. You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
- Internet Connection Firewall functions whether security logging is enabled or disabled.
Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, Discovery and Control, and Network Bridge are not available on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.