To enable security logging options
- Open Network Connections
- Click the connection on which Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) is enabled, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
- On the Advanced tab, click Settings.
- On the Security Logging tab, under Logging Options, select one or both of the following options:
- To enable logging of unsuccessful inbound connection attempts, select the Log dropped packets check box.
- To enable logging of successful outbound connections, select the Log successful connections check box.
To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections. You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
- Security logging is not enabled by default when ICF is enabled.
- Internet Connection Firewall functions whether security is enabled or disabled.
- For information about opening and reading the security log file, click Related Topics.
Internet Connection Sharing, Internet Connection Firewall, Discovery and Control, and Network Bridge are not available on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.