- Open Display in Control Panel.
- On the Desktop tab, do one or more of the following:
- Click a picture in the Background list. In Position, click Center, Tile, or Stretch.
- Click Browse to search for a background picture in other folders or on other drives. You can use files with the following extensions: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .dib, .png, .htm. In Position, click Center, Tile, or Stretch.
- Select a color from Desktop color. The color fills the space not used by a picture.
To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
- You can use a personal picture as a background. All of your personal pictures located in My Pictures are listed by name in the Background list.
- You can save a picture from a Web site as a background. Right-click the picture and then click Set as Background. The picture is listed in the Background box as Internet Explorer Background.
- If you choose an .htm document as your background picture, the Position options are unavailable. The .htm document is automatically stretched to fill your background.