- Open Display in Control Panel.
- On the Themes tab, under Theme, click the theme you want to modify.
- Make your changes to the theme. The following items are saved as part of a theme:
Control Panel Tab Item Display Desktop Background, Position, and Color Display Desktop Icons (click Customize Desktop to change icons) Display Screen Saver Screen saver Display Appearance Windows and buttons, Color scheme, and Font size Display Appearance All features on the Advanced Appearance dialog box (click Advanced) Mouse Pointers Scheme or individual pointers Sounds and Audio Devices Sounds Sound scheme and Program events
- When you finish making changes, click Apply on the Themes tab in the Display Properties dialog box, and then click Save As.
- Type a name for the theme and click OK.
To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
- If you modify a theme without saving it, your changes are saved with the name Previous theme name (Modified). However, your modified theme will be lost if you select a different theme.
- New themes are saved in My Documents.
To open the My Documents folder, click Start, and then click My Documents.