- Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in, and then click Add.
- Under Snap-in, double-click Certificates, and then:
- If you are logged on as an administrator, click My user account, and then click Finish.
- If you are logged on as a user, Certificates automatically loads.
- Click Close.
Certificates – Current User appears on the list of selected snap-ins for the new console.
- If you have no more snap-ins to add to the console, click OK.
- To save this console, on the File menu, click Save.
- To switch between managing certificates for your user account, a computer, or a service, you must have separate instances of Certificates added into the console.
- For additional help with creating and using MMC consoles, on the Help menu, click Help Topics.