If a task program does not run correctly, you might need to add command-line options to the path of the program. For more information about a particular program and its command-line options, try one of the following:
- If available, view Help for the program.
- At a command prompt, type the following (where program is the name of the task program you are trying to run): program /?
You can also check the Status column in the Scheduled Tasks window. The following table describes the status types.
|Blank||The task is not running, or it ran and was successful.|
|Running||The task is currently being run.|
|Missed||One or more attempts to run this task was missed.|
|Could not start||The most recent attempt to start the task failed.|
For more information about the status of a scheduled task, you can check the SchedLgU.txt log file. This log file for Scheduled Tasks is stored in the
- If you cannot run any scheduled tasks on your computer, and your computer is connected to a domain, see your system administrator to make sure that the Scheduled Tasks service is turned on.
- If a user is not logged on at the time the task is scheduled to run, the task runs, but it will not be visible.
- To check the status of a scheduled task, on the View menu, click Details, and then scroll to view the Status column.