Found error when setting as default printer in some types of HP deskjet? Or you can't print from Adobe PDF and also some other application such as Ms. Excel?
Hopefully these steps will help you resolving the problem:
1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, and choose Run. (Short way: Press Windows button + R, simultaneously)
2. A "Run" window will open
3. Type regedit and press OK button
4. A registry editor window will now be opened.
5. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
6. Click Edit on the menu navigation up there, or you can just right click on the Windows folder and click "Permissions..."
7. A Permissions for Windows tab will open
8. Tick the option Allow at Full Control for Everyone and press OK button.
9. Close the registry editor window
10. Restart Windows
After starting up again, your windows OS will reinstalling the printer driver, just wait awhile. After finished, your printer will be set as default with no more error.
Copyright @2014 hellohelpdesk.blogspot.com. Copying these steps, should put the backlink to this website.